Our client is a prominent, international – mainly active in Europe – company in service industry. Due to increased business demand and expansion, we are looking for a bright, dedicated person for the following managerial position:
The Commercial Controller reports directly to the Head of FP&A and Controlling and plays a critical role in driving the goals and profitability of the company.
The Commercial Controller challenges the Revenue management and Network Development departments on the quality of their budgets, forecasts and their decision-making in general, for which purpose analytical reviews need to take place.
The Commercial Controller supports the Business in performance management, provides insight into the financial consequences of proposals and decisions and prepares accountability meetings with senior management, notably the monthly Route Profitability Meeting.
The Commercial Controller is expected to be an agent of change and constantly looking for ways to improve processes of the Commercial organization and the larger organization, including supporting cross-functional projects. The Commercial Controller must be an effective communicator and is responsible for raising issues to the Leadership Team members and Heads of Functions in the organization.
- Challenge/be involved with the annual revenue budget and 3-Year plan.
- Update the weekly revenue and monthly rolling forecasts.
- Partnering with the Commercial team and being responsible for supporting and controlling primarily the Network Development and Revenue Management teams and -processes. Coordinate with the other Commercial departments (Marketing & Communications, Customer Experience, Digital Revenue) and Managing Directors in the Group to make sure that the maximum level of revenue is achieved at the lowest possible cost.
- Take part from an early stage in setting up business cases underlying network decisions (e.g. opening/closing/frequency of routes) and new products (ancillary revenues).
- Work closely together with the Commercial departments to build the annual revenue budget, be involved with the update of the weekly and monthly rolling revenue forecasts and develop KPIs to effectively monitor, challenge and manage the business.
- Understand and where needed challenge the Revenue Management, Network Development and Digital Revenue departments, for example by setting up a standalone revenue forecasting model with which departmental forecasts can be challenged.
- Work with the Leadership Team and Heads of Functions within the Commercial organization to improve the speed, accuracy, and reporting of the annual budget and weekly forecast process, including but not limited to active involvement in updating the weekly revenue forecast.
- Perform variance analysis on the month-end close and forecast numbers, build revenue and cost review presentations, and present trends and analysis to management.
- Develop KPIs and dashboards to more effectively monitor and manage the business.
- Identify, track, and drive cost savings and margin initiatives throughout the company.
- Conduct ad hoc and structural analysis, projects and reports to support the Head of Financial Planning & Controlling, the CFO and the wider Leadership Team and operating groups.
What you can expect:
- You can make sure your future career is steady in a long run
- Competitive salary as well as other benefits such as:
- annual performance-based reward,
- specific employee benefits according to the service of the company
- life insurance
- sport pass
- Your English language skills won’t be worn out as you can use it on a daily basis
- One day home office weekly
- International environment
What we expect from You:
- A University degree is required, preferably with finance/economics/econometrics or operations research/applied mathematics in the curriculum.
- 6 to 8 years of experience in financial/business controlling is required at a minimum.
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Excel notably), experience with BI tools (e.g. MS PowerBI) and Corporate Performance Management tools (e.g. Anaplan).
- Hardworking, ’can do’, attitude, working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Willingness to dive into the details, striving for continuous improvement.
- Able to step forward and communicate the message; outgoing, good presentation skills.
- Commercial acumen.
- Quick in understanding complex systems.
- Fluent spoken and written English.