Our client is a prominent, international – mainly active in Europe – company in service industry. Due to increased business demand and expansion, we are looking for a bright, dedicated person for the following managerial position:
The Controller Fleet reports directly to the Head of FP&A and Controlling and plays a critical role in optimizing fleet-related decisions and financial planning of ‘fleet’ profit and loss, cash flows and financial position.
A key aspect of the purpose of the role is the forward planning of the fleet financials and notably the reporting of leased assets and liabilities under IFRS 16, throughout their life-cycle. The complex subject of modelling future maintenance obligations for the leased fleet is part of this.
The Controller Fleet is expected to be an agent of change and constantly looking for ways to improve processes in Fleet Development, Controlling and the larger organization, including supporting cross-functional projects. The Controller Fleet must be an effective communicator and is responsible for raising issues to the Leadership Team members and Heads of Functions in the organization.
- Set the annual budget and 3-Year plan for (‘fleet’) related (‘ownership’) costs, cash flow and financial positions.
- Support the Business in performance management, providing insight into financial consequences of proposals and decisions and preparing accountability meetings with senior management, notably the monthly Ownership Cost Review.
- Update the monthly rolling forecasts related to ownership for all three financial statements.
- Perform variance analysis on the month-end close, operating plan and forecast numbers, build cost review presentations and present trends and analysis to management.
- Intensive coordination with Financial Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis and Maintenance Controlling to ensure that finance processes are covered end-to-end.
- Partnering with Fleet Development, Maintenance and Procurement departments and being responsible for supporting and controlling their decisions and processes and in so doing minimizes the cost of ownership of the assets.
- Develop KPIs and dashboards to more effectively monitor and manage financials.
- Identify, track, and drive cost savings related to fleet and fleet-related assets.
- Conduct ad hoc and structural analysis, projects and reports to support the Head of Financial Planning & Controlling, the CFO and the wider Leadership Team and operating groups.
- Responsible for the reliability, from a financial planning perspective, of the Maintenance Provisioning System in relation to fleet financials and the reports derived from it.
What you can expect:
- You can make sure your future career is steady in a long run
- Competitive salary as well as other benefits such as:
- annual performance-based reward,
- specific employee benefits according to the service of the company
- life insurance
- sport pass
- Your English language skills won’t be worn out as you can use it on a daily basis
- One day home office weekly
- International environment
What we expect from You:
- A University degree is required, preferably with finance/economics/econometrics in the curriculum.
- 4 to 8 years of experience in financial/business controlling is required at a minimum.
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Excel notably), experience with BI tools (e.g. MS PowerBI) and Corporate Performance Management tools (e.g. Anaplan).
- Background in and understanding of asset financing/leasing in general, is an advantage.
- Hardworking, ’can do’, attitude, working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Willingness to dive into the details, striving for continuous improvement.
- Able to step forward and communicate the message; outgoing, good presentation skills.
- Quick in understanding complex systems.
- Fluent spoken and written English.