Our client is an international banking group which provides services in 5 European countries. The international IT solutions of the group, covering several European countries, takes place in Hungary and in another western European country with Hungarian and western European colleagues, therefore not only the IT services are international but also the teams. The responsibilities range from day-to-day operation to application development and its operation.
The company is constantly expanding the Hungarian side of the team, which is why we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated employees with medior or possibly senior work experience.
Oracle DBA Engineer
The Oracle team is responsible for the Management of the Oracle database environment. They provide the technical Oracle database components, maintain the Oracle environment in the company’s eco system and provide the necessary Oracle database support to the application teams.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- You maintain frameworks and scripts, mostly written in Perl. You are also able to adapt them to new Oracle versions or new requirements.
- You participate in projects, on technical or application level.
- You help the application teams with their Oracle issues. This includes investigating performance issues, proposing concrete actions to the application teams, supporting the team to build performant queries. But it can also include changes.
You work in an enterprise context and can be involved in the other DBA tasks of the team
- all actions that are necessary to keep the environment up and running (daily checks, proactive actions in case of technical changes in datacenter…)
- Follow up security recommendations (proactively and reactively) and minimize the operational risk
- maintenance of all Oracle frameworks developed by the company. Those frameworks are used to perform Oracle management and are written in Perl.
- You work in the ecosystem of the company, which means you’ll have to deal with all systems interfacing with the Oracle database,
- responsible for the life cycle management of all Oracle Database products.
- backup and recovery of all data on the Oracle servers managed by the team
- participate in the DRP exercises and do the necessary actions as required by the general DRP scenario.
- all actions necessary to perform capacity management.
- Linux system management for the servers in scope of the database team
What you can expect:
- You can make sure your future career is steady in the long run
- Life-long learning and plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself, or get to know different IT fields if interested
- Competitive salary as well as other benefits such as:
- 100% customizable cafeteria,
- annual performance-based reward,
- company phone with mobile internet, that you can use for private purposes as well
- employee discount at the bank
- Your English language skills won’t be worn out as you can use it on a daily basis
- Flexible work schedule
- The focus is on teamwork therefore it is important to hang out in the “open office” together, but you have the option to spend half of your working hours in home office
- Your insight is valued and your suggestions will be heard
- International environment with a happy work atmosphere
- Green office on the Danube bank, equipped with:
- bicycle storage and showers
- restaurant with panoramic view
- buffets with snacks and coffee and many dining options in the area
What we expect from you:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Oracle DBA knowledge
- Active Perl knowledge: the ability to read, understand and debug existing code as well as write new code.
- Enough Linux experience to do system management on servers in our management
- It’s an added value having knowledge of the following products