Our client is an international banking group which provides services in 5 European countries. The international IT solutions of the group, covering several European countries, takes place in Hungary and in another western European country with Hungarian and western European colleagues, therefore not only the IT services are international but also the teams. The responsibilities range from day-to-day operation to application development and its operation.
The company is constantly expanding the Hungarian side of the team, which is why we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated employees with junior, medior or possibly senior work experience.
A network engineer implements and maintains the infrastructure. You participate in projects and implementation of telecom infrastructure.
You are part of one of Group Data Center’s international teams. Group Datacenter teams (GDC) run the company’s datacenters, and participate in projects (starting from the architectural phase) to implement, enhance, and future-proof the infrastructure.
In GDC there are several specialized teams even in the network and security realm. Their collective scope is:
- Identity and access management for web applications
- The API gateway
- Connectivity (with external parties, with the cloud) via internet, leased lines, VPNs, ..
- Load balancing, DDOS protection, and the internet proxy
- The DMZ environment (routers, firewalls, ..)
- Connectivity in and between the company’s datacenters
The GDC Network team handles switching/routing, DNS/DHCP and network management.
What exactly do you do?
- You participate in projects and implementations of network infrastructure
- In collaboration with business parties (internal customer), IT architects, and system engineers from other teams
- You’re involved in the daily operational management of a broad range of telecommunication and security components. Security and 24/7 availability are key requirements for offering a high-quality service to our business and other partners
- You’ll be part of the organization to cover both support and implementations outside of business hours. This is how 24/7 availability is implemented.
- You are a continuous learner, you keep track of market and technology evolution. You actively look for opportunities to improve the domain.
- One of your core competences is problem analysis, you’ll use that to handle incidents and improve the domain.
- You play an active role in automating the work (reduce repetitive work, avoid human error, proactive checks, ..)
- They all work in an Agile way, via the SAFe framework.
- Work on the components in your team includes setup, configuration, capacity management, follow-up of version and functionality evolutions, patching security risks, integration in existing KBC infrastructure; also analysis, design, implementation, testing.
What you can expect:
- You can make sure your future career is steady in a long run
- Life-long learning and plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself, or get to know different IT fields if interested
- Competitive salary as well as other benefits such as:
- 100% customizable cafeteria,
- annual performance-based reward,
- company phone with mobile internet, that you can use for private purposes as well
- employee discount at the bank
- Your English language skills won’t be worn out as you can use it on a daily basis
- Flexible work schedule
- The focus is on teamwork therefore it is important to hang out in the “open office” together, but you have the option to spend half of your working hours in Home Office
- Your insight is valued and your suggestions will be heard
- International environment with a happy work atmosphere
- Green office on the Danube bank, equipped with:
- bicycle storage and showers
- restaurant with panoramic view
- buffets with snacks and coffee and many dining options in the area
What we expect from you:
- You have a bachelor or master degree in ICT, or a number of years of relevant experience
- You have a passion for everything related to networks and security. An interest in banking, insurance, or a similar service-oriented business is a plus.
- You have knowledge of several of these topics :
- Routing and switching, basic networking services on an enterprise level
- Programming or scripting (Ansible, Python, Perl, Java, ..)
- Mechanisms and frameworks for authentication and authorization
- Network management tooling for availability, process and service level management
- You have a strong analytic capability and a sense of responsibility. You are able to work both individually and in team.
- Your English language skills are good. You communicate clearly and effectively. You can convince and you can be diplomatic but also assertive.
- You’re result oriented while managing risk, quality, and cost.